Making memories through Playing with &
Learning about HORSES
Horse-Play camps offer dynamic experiences that inspire, and creatively challenge while embracing the unique spirit of each individual child.
Here’s what I’ve learned over the last 20+ years as a
parent, a child development specialist, and an
- Horse Camps are a MILESTONE in childhood ~ it can shape who our kids are, giving them unique opportunities to LEARN about THEIR areas of intersest alongside others
- The VALUE in others Coaching & Giving Feedback ~ Teachers who specialize passions
- Camp experiences (with horses) is a powerful form of outdoor education ~ small group coaching, social/emotional learning, interactive & experiential day long agendas
- Repetition is key to learning – enhancing capacity and building confidence happens when we repeat activities, over time (like daily, at camp!) Kids shift from knowing/doing a LITTLE to knowing/doing A WHOLE LOT. Building confidence and capacity.
On Friday afternoons (our last day of camp) We’ll celebrate skills and accomplishments with a demonstration hosted by YOUR young people !!
The benefits of Investing in an Equine Education Camp
Here’s what I’ve noticed are the ‘take aways’ from a camp experience:
- Responsibility ~ caring for THEIR horse (participants are connected with a horse that is THEIRS to care for) Teaching empathy, and cultivating work ethics
- Experiences with Chores, developing Work Ethics ~ cleaning stalls, feeding and grooming (practicing the exchange of energy, giving-receiving, self-discipline)
- Persistence & Patience ~ lifelong learning can be fun (but also sometimes challenging) partnering with a horse can help bring these lessons powerfully home
- Team work & Mentoring ~ older, more experienced helping younger, or less experienced. Cultivates safe spaces to practice leading, serves multi-faced learning styles)
- Creativity & Play ~ crafting, henna art, freestyle dance/play on horseback, treasure hunts, horse-painting…. we get into it. Hands dirty, clothes… well sometimes tossed out!
- Connection to Nature ~ hand grazing THEIR horse in a grassy pasture, walking in the forest, riding through trails, nature based treasure hunts. Cultivating respect and appreciation of Mother Nature.
Here’s what our week of Camp will look like:
We begin our days with barn chores and a stable management lesson (topics like hoof care, tack care/cleaning, parts of the horse….you get it, a bit of fun & learning).
Next we head into the riding ring for a group lesson. Mentors demonstrating, offering help and support to the younger ones.
Our afternoons are spent playing games while riding bareback, practicing acro & dance moves on a Vaulting Horse, challenging each other through obstacle courses and interactive horse-human games.
On FRIDAY our LAST day of camp together, we head out for a loop through some beautiful Roberts Creek Trails, returning to showcase our week of Horse-Play in a family friendly demonstration.
“It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves
that will make them successful human beings.”
– Ann Landers
SPRING BREAK CAMP
Monday MARCH 25 –
Thursday MARCH 28
10:00 – 3:00
Investment – $499
Registration on NOW
CAMP IS FULL
Monday AUGUST 12 – Friday AUGUST 16
10:00 – 3:00
Investment – $599